What to expect at NH7 Weekender 2019
By Bandook - September 10, 2019
India’s ‘Happiest Music Festival’ returns for its 10th edition and here’s why you need to have booked your tickets by now…
- International favourites such as Opeth, Karnivool, Kodaline and Nick Murphy fka Chet Faker (the man who travelled around the world solo for four years with a microphone in his suitcase, recording his vocal tracks in spaces that inspired him) will be performing.
- In the Pune edition, Grammy-nominated artist and producer J-Cole’s record label Dreamville Showcase is bringing Cozz and Earthgang down to India for the first time. Raja Kumari is also set to perform
- The flourishing local talent of the north-eastern states will be on full display at the fest this year. Names like Khasi Bloodz, Imphal Talkies, Lo! Peninsula, Small Axe Sound and The Andrea Tariang Band are set to knock your socks off.
- For those who want their funny bone tickled, a new stage has been set up that will host a strong line-up of comic acts such as Zakir Khan, Kenny Sebastian, Sumukhi Suresh, Neeti Palta and a lot more.
- As part of its 10 year celebration, the festival has put together several special sets this year. Soulmate is putting together a north east blues special, Yung Raj is performing a special set with several guests and A. Hariharan will be performing a special set called Soul India.
IT’S FOR EVERYONE
- The festival’s zero-waste initiative ensures all waste is strictly segregated and recycled wherever possible. The cup reuse policy and free water stations also encourage concert goers to go green at every step.
- The festival makes special provisions for specially-abled individuals to enjoy the festivities with wheelchairs at the medical station and special viewing platforms. It’s also pet friendly so if you want to bring your pup along, go ahead!
The 10th edition of the concert will be held in Pune from Nov 29 – Dec 1 after the edition in Meghalaya from November 1-2, 2019.
Get your tickets on: www.NH7.in>