The Donald We Need
By Oojal Kour Dhanjal - May 10, 2018
Today’s bandook #Versus, compares Glover’s SNL performance to his official music video
In his opening monologue as the host of Saturday Night Live, Donald Glovermentioned: “I’m an actor, a writer and a singer. Some people have described me as a triple threat. But I kind of like to call myself just a threat.” We will not deny this. His new song ‘This Is America’ explains just how…
– It followed the breezy ‘Saturday’ on the sketch show. It saw him take the stage and stay put for most of the performance. Was the first video of the two to drop.
– Laser lights stood out on a largely static stage on a studio set, solely with a group of dancers in school uniforms dancing all throughout.
– Surrounded by friends and supporters, this one doesn’t quite have the hard-hitting impact of the official music video.
OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO
– Released shortly after his SNL performance, it seems him dance and prance around a warehouse, shooting up people with a wild, exaggerated smile on his face.
– This Hiro Murai-directed video is the more layered of the two, touching on everything from gun violence to police brutality, while showing us a mirror to society
– Nobody’s safe in this scenario. Even Donald Glover aka Childish Gambinois seen on the run at the end of the video.
Which video is your favourite? tell us in the comments section!>