A SidNaazian reviews BHULA DUNGA video: Loved the music and SidNaaz’s unmatched chemistry
By Bandook - March 25, 2020
REVIEW BY Anjali Singh
Being a SidNaaz lover, I know that “Pyar 100 cheezon mein jataana hota hai, 100 baar bataane mein nahi.” And yet, I’m trying to describe what I felt about the Bhula Dunga music video here (aur iss gustakhi ke liye main maafi maangna chahungi, Shukla ji).
I’d like to quote SidNaaz in a nutshell: “Main jo bolta hoon, woh main nahi karta, aur jo tu bolti hai woh main definitely karta hoon.” And to my surprise, there were traces of the “undeniable chemistry” of SidNaaz that we saw in Bigg Boss 13.
TRACES OF CHEMISTRY
• Before Shehnaaz’s standup comedy act, she asked Sidharth to say sorry near the opening gate of the bathroom area. He did say it without even asking the reason even once. Similarly, in the music video, they were playing jenga and he said sorry.
• Shehnaaz once did hit him hard using a folded mat, then Sidharth did run after her, jumped off the table and were just so cute. We witnessed a similar scene in the music video, where Sidharth jumped off the couch and was running after her.
• Once, Sidharth just felt that Sana (Shehnaaz) doesn’t want to share the bed with him that night and he moved out with his pillow, quilt and slept on the couch placed near the jail-turned-elite club. Similarly, in the Bhula Dunga video, he didn’t try to go back in her life just because she broke up.
These flashbacks were worth remembering.
THE MUSIC VIDEO
To begin with the MV, I loved the music, first of all. The first few seconds when, Shehnaaz’s character gets her hands off Sidharth’s character, he just shatters over there.
The moments from the characters’ past were being shown for a matter of few seconds, which helped us to know he had these questions of ‘what about that time we spent together, we were together & we promised to be together’ which he swallows down his throat as he was just so stuck at that moment. (Check the video at the 0:16 part)
I found it ironic, when the lyric goes Ek Pal Mein Tumko Main Bhula Dunga and yet, he remembers those moments spent with her wherever he goes…
I loved how the following scenes were lyrically oriented:
• ‘Tumse Dur Hum Itna Ho Jayenge’ (at the 1:16 mark)
The moment after he says this sitting on the couch, their closeness was displayed on screen. How close they used to be, like she fits her hand in his, when they both dropped themselves on the bed.
• ‘Likhi Thi Jahaan Zindagi, Tu Meri Kitab Tha’
She is holding a book in her hand and he banters with her and she slaps him *in a positive way*. So this was beautifully compiled and it ends up with him having tears in his eyes (so the ‘tha’ is perfectly set here.
• ‘Ab Na Fikar Karna Hum Ji Jayenge, Is Dard Ko Dhire Dhire Pi Jayenge’
Here he blows off the candle and the tears in his eyes display how he literally swallowed all the pain.
The last one in his memory lane was the underwater scene. Again, the moment must be appreciated here.
He was letting go all his memories under the rainwall (which is a nature component) and the last memory he reminisced was witnessed by the water surrounding them (again the same nature component).
I liked how he ended it all at the same place which witnessed their break-up initiated by her.
‘Chahe jitna tum chahoge hum na aayenge’
We can hear a beautiful music piece using a flute here, she comes holds his hands and this time he draws his hands away from her. He literally gave her the ‘sazaa’ (punishment) which he was going through since she broke up.
At last, would like to say that on the show, SidNaaz faced a lot of harsh obstacles on their way, but couldn’t live without each other for at most a week. Here, in the video, Sidharth’s character ends up breaking up with her (which is quite relatable to many cases out there) AND that’s why we say #SidNaaz’s chemistry is unmatched.
It was a pleasure to watch them on our screens again, I thank them for this.
A SidNaaz Fan,
Watch the video here:>