No Excuses | Review
By Bryan Durham - March 7, 2018
MEGHAN TRAINOR’S NO EXCUSES – Music video review
– Meghan’s latest bopper is all kinds of foot-tapping.
– It’s got a catchy hook with just one central message: Don’t disrespect me and I won’t disrespect you.
– The video itself has a colour-speckled move-it push.
– The verses spit fire, but the pre-chorus and chorus keep the vocals on a sultry simmer.
– The feel is mid-80s, early 90s with a lo-fi vibe off and on for good measure.
– How many Meghans is too many Meghans in this video?
– If you’re a fan, not nearly enough. Otherwise, you’re just asking, why the narcissism?