bandook #Buzz: Echoes of Earth Festival Overview
By Bandook - January 25, 2018
WHAT: The second edition of Echoes Of Earth Music Festival
WHERE: Embassy International Riding School grounds in Bangalore, India
THE THEME: ‘Bugs of The Ecosystem’
THE INSTALLATIONS: Owl, Praying Mantis, Scorpion
THE PERFORMANCES THAT STOOD OUT:
– Manu Delago creating some magical beats with his Hang Drum.
– Arjun Vagale indulging in crowd-control with some upbeat techno.
– Youngr’s high energy, high-end stage production was captivating.
– But nothing came close to the madness induced by French group HILIGHT TRIBE’s mad, mad set.
– Esani Dey and Mohini dey on the main stage didn’t have a tight set.
– Prateek Kuhad was in top form with people singing along.
– Nathan Flutebox Lee & The Clinic played along with a DJ and the combo had people go wild with every scratch they heard.
– Deep-techno act Agents Of Time had a hour-long fast-paced performance that was epic.
– Gentleman’s Dub Club had a breathtaking set that highlighted their expansive soundscape
WHAT WE LOVED: That it is a child- & pet-friendly festival. That the entire vibe of the place was very uplifting where you could relax at any corner or enjoy the delectable food on offer by some of Bangalore’s famous local eateries.
WHAT WE DIDN’T: Getting to and from the venue was something that could have been managed better. The production could do better. While ‘Channapatna’ was the main stage, it was actually ‘Dragonfly’ that had people’s attention.
That being said, what stayed with us, were…
THE STAGES: ‘Dragonfly’, ‘Spider’, ‘Channapatna Toy Town’, ‘Big Tree’.