5 Reasons to listen to the Rick & Morty Soundtrack
By Bryan Durham - October 15, 2018
The Rick & Morty soundtrack is hitting all the right notes
Here are five reasons to binge-listen to the album…
1. Debuts at No. 4 on Billboard’s Soundtracks chart, earning 7,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Oct. 4, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 6,000 were in traditional album sales, with 3,000 in vinyl LP sales alone.
2. For the first time, fan favourites and newly expanded tracks will be available. Says composer Ryan Elder, “I’m excited for these pieces of music that I get a ton of social media requests for to be out there in their full form for people to use and listen to however they want.”
3. Featuring 26 tracks in all, the soundtrack will feature some of the most-loved pieces of music from the show, including ‘The Rick And Morty Theme’, ‘African Dream Pop’, ‘Goodbye Moonmen’ and many more. While available worldwide on leading streaming platforms, in India, it is only available via Apple Music. So if you’re a fan and wanna get bouncing to these sick tunes, you either become a subscriber or wait a bit longer till it comes to your streaming platform of choice. A mix of the comedic and the cool, it’s the soundtrack you never knew you needed. It will make you bounce, for sure!
4. And yeah, it’s not a kiddie show. So if you’re the sort that gets easily offended, we suggest you bounce at this point. You’ll be missing out, but that can’t be helped. Anyone who has watched this show, knows how wildly inappropriate is, and you may find hints of that on the soundtrack. So, if you’re still here, that means you’re one of the cooler people out there. So yeah, check out the last reason, if you’re still here…
5. If you can’t look away while watching the show or stop listening once you’ve started, we won’t blame you. We’ve been there!>