45 Years of Pink Floyd’s ‘DARK SIDE OF THE MOON’
By Bandook - March 6, 2018
A did-you-know compilation ahead of the band’s return to the studio to celebrate the occasion.
– Released in the U.S. on March 1, 1973, and in the U.K. 15 days later, the album had already topped the Billboard charts by April 28.
– Sold more than 15 million copies in the U.S. since its release on March 1st, 1973, and more than 45 million units worldwide. Spent 937 weeks on Billboard 200!
– Recorded at London’s Abbey Road Studios
– It was almost named ‘Eclipse’ because another band used the title for their album before PF’s released.
– ‘Money’ became the most covered/sampled track. Even by the band themselves
– Proceeds from the album helped fund Monty Python & The Holy Grail (Official Page)
– Have you read The Pink Floyd, a comic released at the time to promote the album? (https://hhhhappy.com/read-the-pink-floyd-comic-storm-thorg…/)