10 Things About K-pop superstars, BTS
By Oojal Kour Dhanjal - July 2, 2018
0 Things About K-pop superstars, BTS" width="500" height="500" />
In the span of just five years, BTS, also known as the Bangtan Boys, is breaking records with every move they make. This Korean boy-band has already become an international sensation and social media stars with over 10 million followers on Instagram alone. Here is some stuff you need to know about the biggest name in K-Pop right now.
1. They are the first K-pop group to top the US Billboard 200 chart, with “Love Yourself: Tear”. It’s the first foreign-language album to top the Billboard 200 in over 12 years — since Il Divo’s 2006 album “Ancora”. No other K-pop release has even been a part of the top 10.
2. BTS stands for Bangtan Sonyeondan, which means “Bulletproof Boy Scouts”
3. There are seven members in this group consisting of rappers BTS – Rap Monster, Suga and J-Hope and vocalists Jin, Jimin, V and Jungkook. Their real names being Kim Namjoon, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Kim Seokjin, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, and Jeon Jungkook respectively.
4. They produce and co-write most of their music to create their distinct hip-hop-infused dance style.
5. BTS was the first and only K-pop group to get its own twitter emoji. This emoji is a small image of BTS’ bulletproof-vest logo.
6. They have a huge ARMY as their fan base. The BTS fan base is huge with an insanely devoted group of followers who go by “ARMY,” an acronym for “Adorable Representative MC for Youth.”
7. BTS has a large presence on social media. They were the most tweeted celebrities in 2017, more than U.S. President Donald J. Trump and Justin Bieber combined.
8. Rapmonster is the dad in BTS and Jin is the mom. The rest are their kids, according to hardcore shippers.
9. Namjoon looks at Seokjin like he’s the most precious thing in the world. Korean Namjin shippers call Namjoon a honey farmer because “honey drips from his eyes when he looks at Seokjin.”
10. The most famous ships are: Taekook, yoonmin, Namjin, Jikook, Vhope, Sope.